"As one of only seven House Democrats who won in a district that voted for Trump twice, I'm already gearing up for a competitive race in 2022 and your early support is critical. This race was the third closest in the nation on Election Night last year, decided by a slim 1.39% margin, and I'm the only federal Democrat left standing in my home state of Iowa. National Republicans desperately want this seat back and are already calling voters to misinform them and running digital ads attacking me.
Despite this and because of your support, I was able to increase voter turnout in 8 of my 16 rural counties in 2020 by bringing my campaign back to retail politics and focusing on a long-term local media strategy. This work starts in the off-year and would not be possible without the early support of everyday people like you."
Axne is owner of a small digital design firm. She worked for the Iowa state government from 2005 to 2014 and has also been employed in various capacities as a political activist. She earned an M.B.A. from the Kellogg School at Northwestern University and graduated from the University of Iowa.
ON THE ISSUES
•"If we can't pay our federal employees hard-earned raises, we shouldn't give trillion dollar tax cuts to corporations and America's wealthiest individuals.” CA
• "As a member of Congress, Cindy will fight to keep Washington politicians out of the doctor's office and out of the personal decisions between women and their doctors.” (cindyaxnesforcongress.com)
• Endorsed by National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare
•"It's time Washington passes true campaign finance reform, and that starts with passing legislation that forces outside groups to disclose their donors…, we must pass a constitutional amendment to overturn the Citizens United ruling and bring an end to the dark money"(cindyaxnesforcongress.com)
• Voted in favor of HR 7120 - George Floyd Justice in Policing Act of 2020.
•"Cindy will fight for our local businesses by creating grant programs to support entrepreneurs and small businesses and passing tax relief so our small businesses can grow."(cindyaxnesforcongress.com)
• Signed a letter stating: "The New Democrat Coalition, a group of more than 100 Democrats in the House seeking to look at old problems through a new lens, view this effort to modernize America's aging infrastructure as an essential component of our broader efforts to create jobs, spur economic growth, and increase our global competitiveness." (votesmart.org)
• “While Cindy was at the State of Iowa, she oversaw the Governor's Agenda on Clean Energy and the Environment, helping bring the wind industry to scale in Iowa."(cindyaxnesforcongress.com)
• Voted in favor of HR 9 - Climate Action Now Act.
• Rated 0% by National Rifle Association.
• "Cindy believes that comprehensive reform must start with strengthening our borders. We need stronger vetting, more agents on the border, and innovative technology, including aerial drones, in order to better secure our borders and save taxpayer dollars."(cindyaxnesforcongress.com)
• “Cindy is ready to work with Democrats and Republicans in order to pass a bipartisan immigration reform that will strengthen border security, hold employers who hire undocumented immigrants accountable, provide a pathway to citizenship for individuals who pay their taxes and don't have a criminal record, and crackdown on violent crime."(cindyaxnesforcongress.com)
• "I strongly encourage the President (Trump) not to follow through on the threat to escalate tariffs with Mexico. The trade war with China is already devastating Iowa farmers and increasing consumer prices on Iowa families." CA
POLITICS IN IOWA 03:
• The only Democratic member of the Iowa congressional delegation.
• This seat is targeted by the Republican National Committee.
• In 2020, one of only 7 House Democrats who won in a district that voted for Trump twice.
• In 2020, her race was the 3rd closet in the nation- decided by a 1.39% margin. In 2018, her first election, she won by a margin of 2.2%.
• Committee on Financial Services
• Committee on Agriculture
• House Democratic Caucus
• House Task Force on Rural Broadband
• New Democrats Coalition
• New Dem Health Care Task Force
• Sustainable Energy and Environmental Coalition
• ALS Caucus
• Aluminum Caucus
• Animal Protection Caucus
• Apiary Caucus
• Asthma and Allergy Caucus
• Bee Caucus
• Biofuels Caucus
• Bipartisan Women’s Caucus
• Blue Collar Caucus
• Bus Caucus
• Caucus on the Deadliest Cancers
• Chemistry Caucus
• Chicken Caucus
• Crop Insurance Caucus
• Congressional Deaf Caucus
• Deadliest Cancers Caucus
• End Corruption Caucus
• Endometriosis Caucus
• Government Efficiency Caucus
• Neuroscience Caucus
• Postal Preservation Caucus
• Pre-K Caucus
• Pro-Choice Caucus
• Propane Caucus
• Rare Disease Caucus
• Rural Broadband Caucus
• Safe Climate Caucus
• Supply Chain Caucus
• Transparency Caucus
• Wine Caucus
• Wrestling Caucus
• Youth Sports Caucus
• Youth Vaping Caucus